Many homes are built these days as “cookie-cutter” style homes, unless your house is custom built, you need to do some things to add your personality and unique style to your home. To show your ideal style and make the home more your own, interior paint is often the best option to showcase your character. With that in mind, we at Bill Engler Painting would like to take the opportunity to share a few ideas on how you can paint the interior of your Reading, PA to make it your own.
How to Choose Paint Colors for Your House
1) Painting Walls. Adding color to your walls is probably the most obvious suggestion. The tip is to think outside of the box and opt for something more fitting to your character. Even if you are more reserved and attracted to neutrals, they can still have unique capabilities. A mural or an eye-catching pop of color can brighten up the room.
2) Furniture & Accessories. For those that prefer the neutral and simple colored walls, you can add colors with your furniture, such as a bright-colored end table or dresser. With bright colors, custom stains, your furniture can be the centerpiece that offers personality.
3) Painting Kitchen Cabinets. The current trend is white cabinets and black granite countertops, but you do not always have to follow the trends if you want something more outside the box. Navy blue, gray, black, or even bright colored cabinets in a neutral background can make your cabinets pop.
4) Painting Ceilings. A growing trend that is getting a lot of attention is keeping the walls neutral and having the bright accent be the ceiling. This offers fresh colors without oversaturating the room. The color is not in your face but it still makes a statement. For example, crisp white walls with a pale orange or lime green.
5) Localized Accent. Rather than the entire wall being an accent color, consider a section as the accent. You can highlight a fireplace, unique furniture, or a piece of art without committing to that color for the entire space. Sectioned accents can be used in a variety of ways. This technique can be a little challenging, taking advantage of a professional to help you create the look you want that is still unique and customized to fit your personality and individual tastes.
6) Additional Ideas. The idea for a one-of-a-kind look, is not be afraid of going outside the norm. Just remember if you decide you do not like the look after all, you can always paint over it. There is a multitude of ways you can put your stamp on your home and create something unique.
Interior & Exterior Painting Services & More in Bechtelsville, Bernville, Birdsboro, Blandon, Bowers, Boyertown, Centerport, Douglassville, Earlville, Fleetwood, Geigertown, Hamburg, Hereford, Kempton, Kutztown, Leesport, Lenhartsville, Limekiln, Lyon Station, Maxatawny, Mertztown, Mohnton, Mohrsville, Morgantown, Muhlenberg, New Berlinville, Oley, Rehrersburg, Robesonia, Shartlesville, Shillington, Shoemakersville, Strausstown, Temple, Topton, Virginville, Wernersville, Womelsdorf, Wyomissing & Greater Reading, Pennsylvania
When it comes to the painting, whether you need the ceiling, walls, or even the cabinet painted, you want a clean, crisp quality paint job with excellent coverage and smooth results. Bill Engler Painting professional can deliver quality painting projects to ensure your masterpiece is complete. Call us today for your consultation!