You use your bathroom every single day and more than once. Bathrooms can be tough to decorate and picking a paint color can be a difficult task. You want to create a feeling that will mesh with your interior design ideas and accentuate the assets of the space. Professional painters can help you pick the right color and then paint your bathroom too.
5 Tips for Choosing the Best Bathroom Paint Colors
1. Paint Colors for Fluorescent & Other Lighting. Take lighting into account. The perfect paint color can be totally ruined with bad lighting. Most bathrooms are small and absent of natural light that can make picking color hard. The paint color you love can look terrible with artificial lighting overhead. To make sure this does not happen, bring color samples home. Try them out and give yourself a little time to mull over a few choices. If you just can’t pick one, then go with lighter paint colors that will reflect available light to provide a more open feel.
2. Paint Color Communication. What look are you trying to create? Are you thinking about a trendy bathroom or one that feels like a spa? Remember that the color you choose will do most of what you’re trying to communicate with your bathroom. Neutral colors are good for a peaceful feel and brighter colors are good for a fresh and fun feel.
3. Paint Color Flow & Harmony. You want your master bathroom to be an extension of your bedroom, so choose a color that will flow with the other designs in the rest of the space. The bathroom down your hall needs to have the same concept applied to it. You always want spaces to feel like they flow together.
4. Contrasting Paint Colors. Think about contrast issues. Make sure that difficult lighting challenges in the bathroom won’t be fighting with the color of the flooring or the fixtures that are in the bathroom already. The color you choose should create a cohesive look. To make sure you get that cohesive look, look at the space as a whole, from the tile color to the wood colors.
5. Best Paint Finish for Bathroom Walls & Ceiling. Steamy showers and lots of hand washing leads to lots of moisture in the bathroom. So, the best paint finishes for the bathroom are satin or semi-gloss. These finishes will ensure your new bathroom will look great for a long time.
Paint Techniques; What’s Involved in Painting a Bathroom?
• Take wall hangings down and removes accessories
• Remove the toilet to make things easier
• Use painters tape on the baseboards, around the door and windows
• Use drop cloths to cover the floor, tub and counters
• If you’re painting the ceiling, do it first
• Apply a coat of primer
• Cut into tight spaces and then use a roller for the larger areas
• Apply a second coat if needed
Interior & Exterior Painting & More in Bechtelsville, Bernville, Birdsboro, Blandon, Bowers, Boyertown, Centerport, Douglassville, Earlville, Fleetwood, Geigertown, Hamburg, Hereford, Kempton, Kutztown, Leesport, Lenhartsville, Limekiln, Lyon Station, Maxatawny, Mertztown, Mohnton, Mohrsville, Morgantown, Muhlenberg, New Berlinville, Oley, Rehrersburg, Robesonia, Shartlesville, Shillington, Shoemakersville, Strausstown, Temple, Topton, Virginville, Wernersville, Womelsdorf, Wyomissing & Greater Reading, Pennsylvania
Since bathrooms are small, a quick little makeover can be done in a day or over a weekend. If you’re having a difficult time when it comes to bathroom design or painting, then contact Bill Engler Painting for a color consultation and professional painters to give you the bathroom of your dreams!