The exterior of your home is the first thing your guests or potential buyers, for that matter, see when they visit your home. A term commonly used in real estate is curb appeal, and adding a fresh coat of paint can ensure your home’s exterior looks brand-spanking new. The professionals at Bill Engle Painting are the experts when it comes to giving the outside of your home a facelift, but it’s not just about appearance; there are several other benefits to painting the exterior of your home. Bill Engler Painting list some of them below.
Does a Fresh Coat of Paint Make a Difference?
1. Peeling or Cracking Paint – Peeling and cracked paint is a telltale sign that your home exterior needs a new coat of paint. Flaking, chipped, peeling, and cracked paint tells a story. Rain, wind, and sun have taken a toll on the exterior, leaving the underlying materials unprotected which can potentially lead to dry rot, mildew, and even mold
2. Cracks in the Caulk – Caulk works to seal the joint between two surfaces to keep them together and prevent the joints from damage. Over time, the caulk begins to dry out and lose its elasticity. When this happens, the integrity of the caulk is compromised. Replacing the caulk in your home’s trim makes a new coat of paint look better and last much longer. The experts at Bill Engler Painting will ensure that the right caulk type is used during the painting project to withstand the elements.
3. Fading Paint – The sun can wreak havoc on exterior paint, causing the paint to fade significantly especially if you don’t have a natural shade barrier from trees or buildings. Dark colors, in particular, fade more quickly than lighter colors. Your Bill Engler painting specialist can advise which colors work best for your home. Shaded wooded areas that protect the structure from the sun still require maintenance, including pressure washing and caulk repair.
4. Gaps or Shrinking Wood – Gaps between boards can be very concerning and indicate moisture seeping into the wood. Moisture is the main culprit for mold, mildew, and dry rot. A fresh coat of paint every ten years or so will help protect the wood and prevent any additional damage to the home. If you notice shrinking wood, be sure to have it repaired before applying a fresh coat of paint.
5. Market to Sell Your Home – If you are in the market to sell your home, you will want to make sure that you are putting your best foot forward by making your home look the best it possibly can. A freshly painted exterior and trim can make the house look fresh and ageless. It also lets potential buyers know that your home has been taken care of and properly maintained.
6. Exterior House Color – The color you chose for your home umpteen years ago when it was in fashion now has the potential to make your home look dreary and outdated. A more modern, updated color will increase curb appearance and keep your home looking its best for several years.
Exterior & Interior Painting, Deck Staining & More in Shillington, Muhlenberg, Wyomissing, Sinking Spring, Exeter, Wernersville & Greater Reading, Pennsylvania
The professionals at Bill Engler Painting recommend repainting your exterior every five to ten years, depending on the materials used on the outside of the structure. Contact us today for all of your residential interior and exterior painting needs.