Many people in Reading, PA and surrounding areas adore their decks. They provide an excellent place to enjoy the outdoors while sticking close to home. Like most things in the world, decks deteriorate over time, especially since they are exposed to the limits. When they become worn down, restoring the decks is the solution. Today, we at Bill Engler Painting would like to discuss deck restoration today.
Best Way to Resurface a Deck; DIY or Professional?
Though deck restoration can be considered a DIY project, there are a lot of details, hard work, and long hours involved. Additionally, restoring a deck takes an assortment of equipment and tools, that if it is not already in your garage, could add up considerably. Ultimately, you want a professional, who has the experience, tools and equipment, as well as expertise to provide a deck restoration that is done in half the time you can get it done and that also has quality workmanship that is built to last.
What are the Steps to Refinishing a Deck?
The extent of the of the restoration depends on a few factors including the current state it is in, and the desired result. Below are just the basic steps involved in a deck restoration, but in the end, details and additional steps are added according to the circumstances surrounding the individual deck.
1) Deck Clutter Removal / Cleaning. In order to begin the restoration project, the deck needs to be cleared. All furniture is removed, garbage discarded, and the dirt, leaves, sticks as well as other debris is cleared. A proper assessment of the deck’s condition is conducted. Once assessed, repairs and replacements can become.
2) Deck Repairs / Replacements. The wooden elements that are rotted and deteriorated are replaced. Screws, nails, and other such hardware is also replaced. Once the base of the deck is rebuilt, whether if it is the original design, or you wanted added features, the remaining, healthy wood is sanded down.
3) Deck Refinishing. Refinishing is generally the next step. Whether you want to stick with the original color, or change it up, you want to ensure it meshes well with the rest of the property. Ensure the product you want is designed for the area’s specific climate conditions. Make certain it is also designed for exterior use. If you are not sure what should be used, the professional can help you get the right products in the color you want.
4) Deck Upgrades. If you have a budget to make some upgrades, the restoration project can present that opportunity. There are countless options you can choose from. You can include a misting system, outdoor umbrellas, outdoor ceiling fans, ambient lighting, a mini bar, firepit, and so on. You can often find deck inspiration combing through sites online. Your deck can be made to be the new hot spot of your home with the many different commodities.
5) Deck Accessories & Furnishings. Once all furniture, grills, and other accessories are cleaned and polished, they can be put back into place.
Deck Staining, Painting, Restoration & More in Birdsboro, Blandon, Boyertown, Fleetwood, Hamburg, Hereford, Kutztown, Maxatawny, Mohnton, Muhlenberg, Oley, Shillington, Wernersville, Womelsdorf, Wyomissing & Greater Reading, Pennsylvania
When you need your deck restored in Reading, PA, call Bill Engler Painting and let our experts assist you.